Building a new home is an investment of your money, emotions and time. Put our decades of combined homebuilding experience to work for you. We at 5th Avenue Construction are here for you every step of the way.
Once you have agreed on your new homes location, floor plan, price and have signed your Purchase Agreement, the journey to your new home begins.
The Design phase is where we turn all your ideas and dreams into reality. The design phase is a multiple step process. This is to insure every detail is addressed.
- The first step of the design phase is to meet with your personal sales representative to mark up a floor plan of your new home to make sure it meets your families needs. Once you decide on a plan that works for your family we will submit your plans to the village/county for a building permit.
- 5th Avenue Construction works with the village and/ or county to make sure your home meets all the codes, design and ordinance requirements. The permit process takes about 4-6 weeks and while 5th Avenue Construction is taking care of permits, you will begin the selections process with our Design Team.
- Your selections appointments will be at our Naperville Design Center. We do selections appointments Tuesday – Friday from 10 am – 6 pm. You can view and change your selections any time via our online secure Buildertrend.
- Once the selection process is completed, construction will start on your new home. During the construction of your home you will be walked though the process by one of our two Superintendents, who will answer any questions that you may have and will have several on-site meetings where you will be able to go into your home to see first hand the building process. For safety reasons we asked that only the adults that are purchasing the home attend these on-site meetings.
- About 45 days prior to closing we will contact your lender to prepare for closing. During this time between closing, scheduling, and actual closing 5th Avenue Construction and your lender will work on appraisals and getting all the correct paperwork to insure a smooth closing process.
- As we get closer to closing we will schedule a closing date and time that works for all parties involved. Closing on your new home will be at our Naperville Office. While we are scheduling a closing, we will also schedule a Final Walk.
- The final walk is a time for the buyers and the Superientdant to go though the home room by room to insure that all details are completed per your specifications. During this meeting we will also explain the warranty program and the expectations of warranty items.
- A copy of the warranty is in your contract from when you purchased the home and you will also get another copy at closing from our Customer Care Coordinator who will personally explain the Warranty Program in great detail to you.